NYS Tuition for Out-of-state Veterans

NYS tuition for qualifying out-of-state veterans

Jamestown Community College offers qualifying veterans, active duty military, and reservists who live outside of New York state the in-state tuition rate. JCC also offers in-state tuition to dependents of qualifying veterans, under the Veterans’ Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014 (Choice Act).

The Fry Scholarship has also been expanded to include the surviving spouses of service members who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001. Previously, the Fry Scholarship, honoring Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry, served children. Effective January 1, 2015, spouses and children are entitled to 36 months of full benefits, equal to 100% of the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, which includes tuition and fee payments, a monthly housing allowance, and a stipend for books and supplies.

Qualifying veterans

In order to qualify for in-state tuition, a veteran must receive or have received payment under their Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty. More details are available at va.gov »

If you are using your veteran educational benefits, please forward your certificate of eligibility to military@mail.farmkmall.net. If you are not using veteran educational benefits, provide the following:

  • Military members: valid photo ID, most recent orders or copy of DD-214
  • Military spouses: valid photo ID, marriage certificate, and copy of most recent orders or copy of DD-214
  • Military dependents: valid photo ID, birth certificate, and copy of most recent orders or copy of DD-214